The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 22 July 2007

Walking vs Harry Potter

I should have gone for a walk today. It feels like weeks since I was last out there getting muddy.

But, I am one of those people who just had to read Harry Potter before anyone started talking about it. With yesterday unavailable for the not inconsiderable task (607 pages this time), I've just spent a whole day reading (and now I can't even utter a word about the outcome, as Husband still has 100-odd pages to go).

Squeezing in a run mid-afternoon (seldom have I run so fast) was my only foray into the outdoors.

In my defence, I walked half way up and half way back down a hill yesterday - with the significant impediment of carrying a different double sized mattress in each direction. But that's a whole different (and entirely uninteresting) subject...

2 comments: