The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 12 August 2007

So Much To Say; So Little Time

I had good plans to waffle on at some length tonight about my excellent weekend. It has involved new shoes, a visit to an area in which I have never before set foot, meeting some jolly nice people, having a couple of good (albeit short) walks, seeing spectacular things happen with stars and meteors, having extended birthday celebrations with friends (with a slightly unnecessary amount of wine), receiving new books AND new poles and managing the never before achieved feat of putting all of our gear away within twenty four hours of getting home. And, the sun shone for a lot more of the time than it rained.

But the waffling will have to be postponed, for having oohed and ahhed at length upon seeing Alan Sloman’s Wanda Warmlite (
www.alansloman.blogspot.com) in the flesh this weekend, I’ve just spent a despicable amount of time browsing the Stephenson’s Warmlite website.

5 comments:

  1. That Sloman bloke. One glimpse of his new silph like figures, post his recent cross country restaurant critique trip, and already he's turning heads
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nay John

    My figure is slowly returning to its previous rotund good looks.

    Its just that Gayle's an unadulterated Gear Monster!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gear Monster? Moi?! As if...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to have missed the two of you at the weekend, Gayle.

    BTW, Mike "the chef" has some toasty down (IIRC) camp slippers. And, boy, they do look camp.
    ;-)
    Even he calls them his "honey monster" feet. But they might do the job for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to have missed you and the others too, Duncan.

    I see that down booties are featuring in the PHD sale starting this Saturday. Who knows, if they've got the jacket I want in my size then a pair of the booties may also make it into my order.

    ReplyDelete