The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 24 April 2009

On This Day Last Year

We left Launceston (and unfortunately missed meeting Daryl May, who was walking the other way)

P4240049a A while later we passed the curious spectacle of half a house

P4240051a As usual, we saw some lovely countryside

P4240052a

Then I got side-tracked by an interesting tree stump

P4240055a

Then after skirting the edge of Dartmoor

P4240056awe found ourselves at a campsite (on the hardshoulder of the busy A30), only to be met with our nightmare scenario after a long day: it was fully booked up with a caravan rally. Fortunately, the owners were most accommodating and offered us either their lawn or the area in front of the barbeque area. We spent a comfortable night.

The original of the day can be read here.

Unfortunately this year is not anywhere near as interesting as last year – hence my lack of posts lately (cor, that was a long-winded way of saying “I’m not doing anything right now” wasn’t it? But at least it has caused me to post some of the never-before-published LEJOG photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment