The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Saturday 2 May 2009

At Uttoxeter

As I bought myself a new mobile bloggng device a couple of weeks ago in the hope of beng able to blog our TGOC as we go, and as I now find myself sitting at a train station with time on my hands I thought I would test it out.

The station is Uttoxeter, which some of you (or indeed all of you) may know falls on the path of the Staffs Way. It's a town passed through by many LEJOGers when taking a middle-of-England route north.

Today Geoff (litehikersblog.blogspot.com), who set out from Land's End just under a month ago, is walking a leg from Rugeley to Uttoxeter. And so that's how I've come to be here on this fine sunny morning.

If a train deigns to arrive (it's running late) then I will be taking a very long and circuitous route to travel the 12 miles back to Rugeley to meet up with Geoff for the day.

It seems that there is racing on at Uttoxeter today. The racecourse is next to the station. All is quiet so far but I'll wager it could be busy around here when we arrive on foot later.

No comments:

Post a Comment