The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 11 December 2009

Decisions, Decisions

I already got over the stumbling blocks of deciding where we are going to walk. I decided which pack to take and (in the interests of giving it a fair trial) I opted for my NeoAir over my preferred Prolite. For my sleeping bag the Rab Quantum 400 seemed like the right choice.

Now I’ve looked outside this morning and I’m wavering on my sleeping bag choice. I’ve seen the thick frost out there and no matter what the weather forecasts are telling me I fear that it’s going to be a tad nippy tonight. So, the question is do I go for the last minute switch (which will of course involve emptying my entire bag) to the (new and unused) snuggly-warm PHD Minim 500?

No comments:

Post a Comment