The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Monday 1 February 2010

Success!

At the beginning of last month I had the vague thought that it would be nice to exceed last year’s mileage for January. It was a bit of an arbitrary objective, as it didn’t take the quality/difficulty/ascent into account, but it was likely to drag me out of the house more than I would otherwise, so I kept it as my target.

On Monday last week, I exceeded that target, In fact, I walked more miles last month than I have in any previous January (what was that? Do I have a graph to illustrate the January mileages over the years? Of course I do!):

image

I will maintain the same objective in February, but it will be a much easier target to beat.

1 comment: