The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 21 March 2010

Post Blog Note

Mick here. Just thought I'd add some minor detail that Gayle omitted:

Distance walked: 1.5 miles
Height gained: about 250 feet
Number of whinges from Gayle: 4

Whinge number 1: shoe rubbing (within 200 yards of station)

Whinge number 2: hill climb (within 300 yards of station)

Whinge number 3: too hot (as a result of fine weather, hill climb and being dressed for winter)

Whinge number 4: pace too fast (as a result of hill climb and being too hot)

I hope that the whinge per mile ratio doesn't continue at this pace!
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

6 comments:

  1. Good luck for tomorrow and your latest jaunt. You've got all the wrong clothes, as the weather is going to be lovely ;-)

    Hopefully, I'll catch up with you around Easter. Look out for a green van with a brew on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick — you do want to get the end in one piece ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys

    I'm still really interested in meeting you in London if possible. How would I go about getting in touch with you?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical woman, whingeing all the way. I should leave her behind at the earliest opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That did make me laugh - I had to read it out to John!

    I'm sure gayle is just getting the whinges out the way before you start...

    Litehiker - I could take offence at your comment...but I won't as I whinged plenty throughout my jogle!

    I hope your 1st day has gone smoothly.
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete