The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Still Here!

Silence has again ruled, hasn’t it?

Considering that we are ‘stay at home slackers’, the last couple of weeks or so have been extraordinarily busy. Things are looking almost as busy going forward.

As a result, my walking mileage (and therefore my fitness) has suffered. It’s the 18th of the month, and thus far I have only walked 75 miles. Absolutely none of it was novel (although talking of novels, I did finally make it through the audio-book of Wolf Hall – my goodness, that was hard work!).

I still hope to break through 1800 miles for the year-to-date by the end of the month.

Mick’s running has not suffered so much (running, by its nature, being a less time consuming endeavour than walking). It was a 20-miler for him on Monday (I met him twice with fresh water bottles and jelly babies, and he was looking good at both points). His marathon is only a couple of weeks away, so his mileages are easing off now.

Other hot news is that Fitness Footwear gave us each a pair of shoes. Mine, which have proved to be incredibly comfortable, have barely been off my feet since they arrived. Mick’s are proving to be a good talking point (with opinions ranging from ‘hideous!’ to ‘cool!’). I will write more about mine soonest.

Day 18 7j

That photo has absolutely nothing to do with this post. I just picked a photo at random from our K2CW walk to make the post a tiny smidge more colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment