The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Wednesday 8 June 2011

TGO Challenge 2011 - Index


The 2011 TGO Challenge was generally acknowledged to be wet and windy, although for me it is the wind rather than the rain that has particularly stuck in my mind. We certainly had less wet weather than many (even though waterproofs were worn on every day bar one), but breeziness was a constant theme, and one which kept us from some of our planned high level days.

As usual, I blogged every day as we went, or at least I did until The Day Of The Storm, which was when my phone suffered a bit of a drowning incident. The final three days were written up on the train on the way home.

I've not edited the original blog posts in any way, and to make reading them easier for anyone visiting in the future, here's an index of those posts:

Day 0: Strathcarron

Day 1: to Gleann Innis an Loichel

Day 2: to Eskdale Moor

Day 3: to Drumnadrochit

Day 4: to River Findhorn

Day 5: to Coylumbridge


Day 6: to Corrour Bothy

Day 6 Side Trip: to Devil's Point

Day 7: to Mar Lodge

Day 8: To Braemar

Day 8a: Still in Braemar

Day 9: to Stables of Lee

Day 10: to Tarfside

Day 11: to North Water Bridge

Day 12: to St Cyrus

Finish Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment