The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Sunday 3 July 2011

The First Six Months

I haven’t posted any graphs since The Gratuitous Graphs of February and said then that I wouldn’t post any more until the end of May. Incredibly, I managed to resist even then, but with the first half of the year having passed I thought it was time to see how things are progressing against this year’s target. Here’s how the year’s going so far:

 

The Miles per Month chart is looking quite healthy so far. The second half of the year never looks so good, and I anticipate that things will drop of sharply in July and August as a couple of things are going to hamper my walking activities:

image

The next one isn’t really relevant as I don’t have any ascent based targets and have never compared my ascent figures year-on-year, but I thought I’d include the graph anyway:

image

My target for the year is to average 5 miles per day. There will now be a sharp drop off back down towards the pink line, but with only 380ish miles left to walk over the next six months it looks to be achievable:

image

Considering that we generally had such fantastic weather for the East to West Walk, it’s surprising that wet weather (whether rain, showers or drizzle) takes up such a large part of the weather pie chart (but I suppose that it has rained on almost every walk I’ve taken since 9th May!):

image

2 comments:

  1. Wow, not one graph but four. Value for money that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pie Chart :) Somehow i now know why you are an Excel wizard :) Maike

    ReplyDelete