The Road goes ever on and on; Down from the door where it began;
Now far ahead the Road has gone; And I must follow, if I can;
Pursuing it with eager feet; Until it joins some larger way;
Where many paths and errands met; And whither then? I cannot say.

[JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings]

Friday 1 June 2012

PCT Day 1 - 5am

5am, and I'm sitting at the roadside (the only significant roadwalk of the trip, at 3 miles) watching a glow of daylight appear behind the hills.

Mick enjoyed the first mile of the day so much that he's opted to walk it three times. Hopefully he'll have found his sunglasses by the time he gets back to me. It's not an item that can be done without in these parts.

I also seem to have lost the water report. Had it in my pocket last night, can't find it now. I do hope that the rate of loss slows (although if it does continue at 2 items per mile, then our packs will be light by the end of the day!)

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with the tarp tent? Lots of luck. Do you have nicknames yet?
    M+S (on a trip)

    ReplyDelete